Wellington Racqueteers was formalised as a sporting club on Wednesday 29 March 2017.
The aims of the club are:
- To provide a forum for members of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender & Intersex (LGBTI) community in the Wellington region (and their friends, family members and members of other similar groups worldwide) who are interested in playing social badminton.
- To reserve courts for members to play at a recurring time/venue (generally every Wednesday evening from 6-7pm at Wellington Badminton Centre in Hataitai) and organize periodic after-badminton social evenings and other social events as appropriate.
- To work with other LGBTI sports groups within Rainbow Team Wellington in order to promote sports & social opportunities for members of our wider community.
- To organize a tournament as part of periodic Rainbow Team Wellington Sports Weekend events.
- To organize and enter a team in periodic trans-Tasman LGBTI badminton tournaments.
You can read our full constitution here: